Light painting – Results

A fantastic selection of entries this week – really well done to everyone! I was feeling guilty about not finding time to execute my idea this week, but having seen these ten masterpieces I’m quite relieved:)

Please give a warm welcome to first-timer Kathryn who said hello just after Christmas and has now entered for the first time:) It’s also good to see Dave again for the first time in ages.

10 thoughts on “Light painting – Results

1. Ally January 15, 2014 / 3:37 pm

No entry for me this week, all my efforts were woeful, finally ran out of patience. However, I really like dave’s image and also the contributions from Jess and tomm.

2. Dave Pyecroft January 15, 2014 / 10:32 pm

Lots of different techniques this week …with the precision of Robert’s and the bright colours of Jess’ and Jen’s My favourite this week has to be Tomm’s very cleve
    r use of light

3. Jonathan January 16, 2014 / 9:56 pm

Favourites for me this week are Tomm‘s and Dave‘s. Pascale‘s has a really fantastic concept.

My idea was to stand a person in a dark room and then draw round them with an LED torch, leaving an outline. Unfortunately I never found the time (made the time) to do it😦

4. Jess January 18, 2014 / 7:07 am

Thanks Ally and Dave. Welcome Kathryn! Really great entries, was such a fun challenge. I was impressed with Tomm’s lightbulb (although not sure i fully understand the process) as well as the precision of the letters and the use of two styles in Robert’s entry, excellent job! I also liked the mirror effect and light source choice of Pascale’s and the interesting light graffiti from Colin. Curious as to what Dave used for his light source, it definitely stands out. I wanted to try sparklers as I believe Carole did but I ran out of time and helpers, lol. Props to Kirsty on her bunny, too! For mine, I used my tripod and a small strand of multicolored Christmas lights that I moved myself. Was very hard to pick a favorite to enter, will have to add the lot of them to my Flickr when I get a chance.

5. ally January 18, 2014 / 7:26 pm

What’s your Flickr username Jess. I would like to follow you if you don’t mind.

6. Jess January 19, 2014 / 9:02 am

Sure ally:-) It’s onemadworld or http://www.flickr.com/photos/onemadworld/
    I’ve been neglecting it lately as I was tied up with some other projects but I’m looking forward to breathing some new life back into it and sharing some of my recent captures.

7. Pascale January 19, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Thanks !
    My favourites this week are Colin’s and Carole’s.
    Dave, I can’t figure out how you did your shot, I first thought it was numerial computation:)

8. tommpouce January 20, 2014 / 10:08 pm

Welcome to Kathryn! Quite the level this week! I’m most impressed by Dave (sheer awesomeness!!, and what a way to do a come back!!), Jen (who does light calligraphy) and Robert (because steel wool spinning and signature).
    As for my contribution, I’ve been helped by some very creative people on ze interwebz who invented the technique. My photo is actually a long expo of an animation (http://vimeo.com/groups/lpobjects/videos/54007353) playing on my tablet. The twist is to (try to) slide the tablet to mimic the 3Dness of the bulb.