7 thoughts on “Heat – Results

1. Dave Pyecroft June 24, 2014 / 7:27 pm

My title of cool heat may give a clue as to the lack of ‘real’ heat. The flames are made from two pics of EL wire (Electroluminescent wire) being shaken taken with an 8 second exposure the layered and coloured is Photoshop the ‘added to the glass pic
    Love Jen’s pic as well a Jonathan’s but this week goes to Tomm’s hot picture for me. You can almost feel the heat

2. Jonathan June 24, 2014 / 7:32 pm

Wow Dave, I just assumed the purple-blue flames in your picture were from burning lighter fluid etc. You put such effort into your challenge entries!

I also like Jen’s filament picture, although I think I would prefer it a bit closer in – although I suspect that means removing the lamp shade!

In Tomm’s picture, the people make it for me. The girl standing tall accentuates the shape of the fire – was she jumping or being carried?

My picture was a fairly straightforward shot of a match being lit with a gas lighter. It took quite a few attempts to get a flame shape I liked. I also took a slow-motion video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iB6-Xx9MIA

3. ally June 24, 2014 / 9:35 pm

Didn’t manage to enter this week, had a lot of ideas and then didn’t do any of them. However, I like Tomm’s this week fire being the back light, silhouetting the people in the front, great shot. Also Jen’s mysterious light bulb.

4. Rob Pannell June 24, 2014 / 9:58 pm

Good work all. Tomm is my fav with Jonathan close behind.

5. Dinos June 25, 2014 / 7:54 am

visually strong this week, although the fire entries stand-out my favourite is Jen’s for its ghost like quality. For ‘Cars’ fans could this be ‘The Ghostlight’?

6. jduhb50 June 25, 2014 / 10:20 am

Can totally relate to Mater. My Dad made me take out the rubbish at night then made it his job to scare the beejesus out of me. Even though I knew it was coming (if not from where) he would get me everytime. Was sitting in the dark turned on the lamp at my desk and thought Hmm lightbulb has heat and yes I could have got closer (and did) but liked this one the best. Okay enough about me I really like the Fire from TommPouce. There is nothing better than sitting around a bonfire great capture Tomm. Although I would not have wanted to be poor old Saint Joan.

7. tommpouce June 25, 2014 / 5:42 pm

Favs this week are Jonathan’s match, because playing with fire is awesome, and getting good photos out of it is awesomerer; and jen’s old fashioned lamp.
    Mine’s a bonfire burnt for Saint John’ Eve that was lit on the main place of Aix en provence. The girl was what made me choose this photo over the dozens I took this day. she was sitting on someone’s shoulders.